High-Bandwidth SoC Embedded Processor
- Wireless Access Points
- Networking, Control Plane
- 833 MHz
- 1 GHz
- 1.2 GHz
- PCIe (Gen 2)
- Ethernet GE 10/100/1000
Delivers 800 MHz to 1.2 GHz performance for embedded I/O processor designs.
Offers a powerful mix of high bandwidth, design flexibility, and robust features.
Two Gen 2 PCI Express interfaces, an on-chip DDR2 SDRAM controller, network encryption engine, and a rich peripheral mix.
Ideally suited for network and wireless infrastructure, and general purpose control plane applications.
- CPU speed (frequency): 800 MHz to 1.2 GHz
- Performance: 2.0 DMIPS/MHz (2,400 DMIPS @ 1.2 GHz peak)
- 32 KB-I/32 KB-D L1 caches and 512 KB L2/SRAM with parity protection
- 32/64-bit DDR II SDRAM controller, for up to DDR800 operation
- Two Gen 2 PCI Express interfaces, with four lanes configurable as two x4, or x1, or they can be combined as an 8-lane PCI Express; compliant with PCI Express base specification 2.0; 5.0 Gbps full-duplex per lane; all ports configurable as root or endpoint
- High-bandwidth DMA engine
- External bus control (EBC) interface (up to 100 MHz) with 29-bit address bus, 32-bit data bus supporting up to four ROM, RAM, EPROM, flash memory, or peripheral devices
- Turbo Security Engine with IPsec/SSL hardware acceleration
- NAND flash controller, which supports one to four banks of NAND flash memory devices; direct interfacing to discrete NAND flash devices (up to four devices) and SmartMedia card socket (22-pins); 4 MB to 256 MB device sizes supported; boot-from-NAND supported
- 4-channel DMA - available for internal use and two channels for external use; scatter/gather capability
- (4) Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps full-duplex MACs, two with TCP/IP assist and Quality of Service (QoS) support
- Two serial ports (16750-compliant UARTs) with 64-byte FIFOs
- Two IIC controllers
- Up to 32 general purpose I/Os (GPIO)
- General purpose timers
- Universal programmable interrupt controller supports 16 external interrupt sources and 101 internal sources
- Support for JTAG board testing, JTAG debuggers, and 4xx instruction trace