PACKETpro Gen2 Embedded Processor with SLIMpro Accelerator (Single Core)
- Wireless Access Points
- Networking, Control Plane
- 600 MHz
- 800 MHz
- 1 GHz
- PCIe (Gen 2)
- SATA II
- USB 2.0
- Ethernet GE 10/100/1000
The Keelback Processor APM86791 is designed to deliver the industry's most advanced but also most cost effective network security measures for enhanced protection against intrusion threats, system hacking and theft of system-level intellectual property. The APM86791 leverages AppliedMicro's SLIMpro(TM) Trusted Management Module (TMM) to offer multi-layered encryption and authentication capabilities that manufacturers and network administrators need to make systems impervious to the most sophisticated attacks on security keys, proprietary software code and hardware.
In order to meet the needs of very low power and all-IP networks, the APM86791 includes two dedicated Ethernet Offload Engines, Classification Engines and Queue Manager / Traffic Manager.
Two out of four Ethernet ports include Offload Engines, which provide for Inline TCP/IP and UDP checksums along with Energy Efficient Ethernet capabilities (802.3az).
The classification engines provide for flow, CoS, and port-based classification of data with 64-byte packet line-rate performance. They are programmable and can support IPv4, IPv6, and AppleTalk, as well as customer proprietary protocols.
The Queue Manager / Traffic Manager allows for the most efficient moving of packets/data between the processors and peripherals using a message passing architecture.
The Keelback processor APM86791 integrates also a dedicated 32-bit SLIMpro acceleration processor that provides advanced capabilities such as dynamic power management and higher layer network acceleration.
- Single-Core Power™465 processors with a floating-point unit
- CPU speed (frequency): 600 MHz to 1.0 GHz
- Performance: 2000 Dhrystone, 2.1 MIPS @ 1.0GHz
- 32 KB I/32 KB-D L1 caches and 256 KB L2 cache
- 16/32-bit DDR3 SDRAM controller with optional ECC, for up to 1066 Mbps operation
- Two Gen 2 PCI Express interfaces with x1 operations
- USB 2.0 – 1 Host with integrated PHY, 1 Host & Device with integrated PHY
- Two SATA ports
- Four Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps ports: 2x RGMII & 2x SGMII with Classification and TCP/IP offload.
- Four UART
- Symmetric and asymmetric security hardware acceleration engines - encryption, hash and more
- Supports AES, ARC4, 3DES, MD5, HMAC, SHA-xxx with HMAC, Kasumi and XTS-AES, PKA, PRNG
- Embedded volatile and non-volatile private key storage
- Boot support from 16-bit and 8-bit NAND flash, NOR flash/SD card/serial flash/USB/DRAM
- SLIMPro ARM 32-bit acceleration processor to provide enhanced hardware acceleration capabilities
- Dedicated Ethernet Offload Engine, Classification Engine, Queue Manager / Traffic Manager.
- Power Management via advanced wake up capabilities from Deep Sleep Mode such as Wake on LAN, Wake on USB, Wake on PCIe, and Wake on Interrupts