APM86692- Black Mamba
PACKETpro Gen2 Embedded Processor with SLIMpro Accelerator (Dual Core)
- Wireless Access Points
- Multi-Function Printers
- Networking, Control Plane
- 1 GHz
- 1.2 GHz
- PCIe (Gen 2)
- SATA II
- USB 2.0
- Ethernet GE 10/100/1000
With industry-leading throughput for multifunction printers, enterprise control plane, consumer NAS systems, wireless access points and industrial applications, the APM86692 features dual 1.2GHz PowerPC® 465 cores, high-speed I/O, advanced offload acceleration engines, intelligent packet processing and AppliedMicro’s versatile ARM®–based SLIMpro™ subsystem.
In order to meet the needs of very low power and all-IP networks, the APM86692 includes two dedicated Ethernet Offload Engines. The Ethernet Offload Engine provides for Inline TCP/IP and UDP checksums along with Energy Efficient Ethernet capabilities (802.3az).
The APM86692 also includes classification engines to provide for flow, CoS, and port-based classification of data with 64-byte packet line-rate performance. They are programmable and can support IPv4, IPv6, and AppleTalk, as well as customer proprietary protocols.
The APM86692 features also a Queue Manager / Traffic Manager that can be used to centralize management of all transaction traffic, reduce communication overhead between software and hardware, and perform inter-processor message passing and work scheduling.
AppliedMicro's APM86692 offers secure boot and authentication and state of the art crypto capabilities that address a variety of mission critical and sensitive system applications. The cryptographic boundary within APM86290 supports tamper detection and tamper response in the event of the need for protecting critical security parameters.
The unique features of the APM86692 enable AppliedMicro’s domain protection to run two or more subsystems simultaneously and independently without performance degradation, bandwidth contention, or security compromises.
- Dual-Core Power™465 processors each with a floating-point unit
- CPU speed (frequency): 800 MHz to 1.2 GHz
- Performance: 4800 Dhrystone 2.1 MIPS @ 1.2 GHz
- 32 KB I/32 KB-D L1 caches and 256 KB L2 cache per core
- Hardware cache coherency
- DDR3 memory controller with optional ECC (72-bit)
- Symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) and asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) support
- Three Gen 2 PCI Express interfaces with x1 and x4 operations
- USB 2.0 – 2 Host, 1 OTG, with integrated PHY
- Two SATA II ports
Four Ethernet 10/100/1000 with Classification, TCP/IP offload and 1588:
- 2 RGMII + 1 or 2 SGMII
- 1 to 4 SGMII
- Four UARTs
- Boot Support from 16-bit and 8-Bit NAND, NOR Flash/SD card/Serial Flash/USB/DRAM
- Symmetric and asymmetric security hardware acceleration engines - encryption, hash and more
- Supports AES, ARC4, 3DES, MD5, SHA-xxx with or without HMAC, Kasumi, PKA, PRNG
- Boot support from 16-bit and 8-bit NAND flash, NOR flash/SD card/serial flash/USB/DRAM
- Acceleration for IPSec, SSL/TLS, SRTP/SRTCP
- Packet DMA
- SLIMPro ARM 32-bit acceleration processor to provide enhanced hardware acceleration capabilities.
- Dedicated Ethernet Offload Engine, Classification Engine, Queue Manager / Traffic Manager.
- Power Management via advanced wake up capabilities from Deep Sleep Mode such as Wake on LAN, Wake on USB, Wake on Interrupts