PACKETpro Gen2 Embedded Processor with SLIMpro Accelerator (Single Core)
- Wireless Access Points
- Networking, Control Plane
- Connected Digital Home Appliances
- Media Gateways
- 600 MHz
- 800 MHz
- 1 GHz
- PCIe (Gen 2)
- SATA II
- USB 3.0
- Ethernet GE 10/100/1000
With a rich array of leading edge peripherals, the APM86491 sets new levels of fully leveraged network entertainment and communication. Home appliances equipped with the Catalina Processor APM86491 will be able to stream high definition video (1080i/1080p) of feature-length movies or clips while simultaneously enabling other Web2.0 applications to be accessed across a wide variety of connected home applications including NAS content.
AppliedMicro's new APM86491 single-core PowerPC processor uses hardware accelerations such as hardware-based Queue Manager with Traffic Manager (QM/TM). The QM/TM implements QoS to enable a richer video experience while unaffecting voice and web traffic. APM86491 also implements inline packet acceleration technologies such as statefull TCP offload, hardware NAT and security features. These offloads enable applications such as firewalls, next-generation connected home appliances.
The Catalina Processor APM86491 offers encryption and power management offloads eliminating the need for expensive external hardware and software complexity. These offloads offer hardware classification and forwarding and accelerate VPN applications making it ideal for home gateways. The power management feature includes a standby mode that can wake on any interface enabling the system to meet emerging standards for energy efficiency.
- Single-Core Power™465 processors with a floating-point unit
- CPU speed (frequency): 600 MHz to 1.0 GHz
- Performance: 2000 Dhrystone, 2.1 MIPS @ 1.0GHz
- 32 KB I/32 KB-D L1 caches and 256 KB L2 cache
- 16/32-bit DDR3 SDRAM controller with optional ECC, for up to 1066 Mbps operation
- Two Gen 2 PCI Express interfaces with x1 operations
- USB 3.0 – 1 Host with integrated PHY, 1 Host & Device with integrated PHY
- Two SATA ports
- Two Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps ports: 2x RGMII with Classification and TCP/IP offload.
- Four UART
- Symmetric and asymmetric security hardware acceleration engines - encryption, hash and more
- Supports AES, ARC4, 3DES, MD5, HMAC, SHA-xxx with HMAC, Kasumi and XTS-AES, PKA, PRNG
- Embedded volatile and non-volatile private key storage
- Boot support from 16-bit and 8-bit NAND flash, NOR flash/SD card/serial flash/USB/DRAM
- SLIMPro ARM 32-bit acceleration processor to provide enhanced hardware acceleration capabilities
- Dedicated Ethernet Offload Engine, Classification Engine, Queue Manager / Traffic Manager.
- Power Management via advanced wake up capabilities from Deep Sleep Mode such as Wake on LAN, Wake on USB, Wake on PCIe, and Wake on Interrupts.