Own SoC Linux system bring-up and application test/platform development. Create SoC validation test plan in automation framework with detail validation strategies. Participate in cross functional team meetings and deliver the proper requirements to the SoC validation team. Lead/Own the development of validation test cases with automation in pre-silicon phase by using various development environments such as verification/model based simulation or pre-existing validation/evaluation boards. Analyze solutions when issues or bugs are found. Design the system level test configurations for executing validation tests, automation and regression. Seek to improve test coverage and product quality.
The following skill set is mandatory:
- Strong programming & debugging skill
- U-boot and embedded Linux programming & debugging experience.
- SoC based embedded system bring-up experience
- It will be plus if candidate has some of the following skill set:
- Tcl, Perl, or any kind script language experience to develop automated test
- Development experience with ASIC/SW co-sim environment
- Knowledge or working experience on PowerPC architecture
- Knowledge or working experience on PCI-E/USB2.0 & USB3.0/SATA/SRIO/SDIO interfaces & test equipments
- Knowledge or working experience on Ethernet and TCP/IP related protocols and test equipments
- Knowledge or working experience on security protocols such as IPSEC, SSL/TLS
- Experience bringing up DDR3 interfaces. Working knowledge of high speed serdes, logic analyzers, DDR interposers
- BSEE and 6-8yrs
- MSEE and 4-6yrs
- PhD and 2-4 yrs
Internal/External Contacts & Purpose:
- Work with offsite validation teams, MAE, Hardware, SW, and ASIC team. May visit customers to understand testing requirements:
Key Challanges/Decision Making:
- Recommend validation strategies and find solutions to problems.
- Minimal direct supervision. Mentor and train offsite validation team.